about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

06 May 2009

silence is...

i knew that i hadn't blogged in a while, but i was a little shocked to realize that it has been almost two months.

its not like there hasn't been anything happening.
actually, a LOT has been happening. but i either didn't feel like talking about it or i couldn't.

a lot has been happening at work. things have been busy and stressful. but rule #1 around my blog is never write about work. EVER. so moving on...
preparing for my upcoming trip to Ukraine has taken a great deal of my time and energy. but its not really anything to talk about here.
i moved a couple weeks ago. but its nothing i really want to talk about. i'm currently camping out in my parents' guest room with everything i own in a pile in their garage. the most descriptive word i can think of to use is demoralizing.
i haven't even been baking. i know, weird, right?

the only thing i even really wanted to talk about was something that i was keeping under my hat until i knew it was actually going to happen. i was beginning to think that this day would never come, but i bought a house. and if everything stays on schedule it should officially be mine in a little over a week. i am so excited. and completely terrified. its a lot of money. and i own zero furniture. no couch. no bed. no table and chairs. no fridge. no washer and dryer. i don't even own silverware or pots and pans. and that all takes money. i know it will all work out and i will thoroughly enjoy finally having my own place. but i'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.

well, i guess that's all for now.

4 comments:

alissa j. said...

when i moved into my house i had no bed or couch either - and while i was moving i was given an awesome couch which became my bed for two months. what you need will be provided and even if you have to sleep on the floor at least it's the floor of your house.

TimB said...

I've got a couple of old strollers, a non-functioning inkjet printer, 12 month baby clothes, and a broken fridge you can have.

I'll throw in a three-year-old for free.

Seriously, we'll see what we can do about the fridge. Tab is not very motivated to repair it for you but a little sweet-talking might go a long way.

ellieherrity said...

you can keep your three-year-old.

and seriously...i think tab is turning into our dad. stiiiinnngyyyy.

Anonymous said...

very exciting. i was starting to think that the recent post was going to be a round ablut way of saying "here's my post but i have nothing i want to talk about". congrats on the house!!



Click to view my Personality Profile page