about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

28 May 2008

how do i look?

i mentioned briefly a few posts ago that my work had a big gala dinner fundraiser the night before i left on my trip. so of course i haven't had the chance yet to say anything about it.
last year i really wasn't looking forward to it, since i had no idea what to expect and then really wasn't prepared with the right dress to wear for the evening. but this year was different. i found the right dress last november and then spent the next few months making sure i had everything i needed to look just right. and i think i did a pretty good job. i may have even heard one or two references to audrey hepburn throughout the evening. i'll take that. she was amazing.
i had a lot of fun getting the right shoes and jewelry to go with my vintage style dress, and i'm glad i had my hair done to give it the final touch. which is an interesting development for me, because not too long ago i would have hated having to dress up like this. then again, losing 20 pounds and actually looking good in a dress will change your perspective somewhat.
it was nice to look nice, but there was still the inescapable fact that i was working. it makes me wish i had a fun reason to get dressed up like this.
or even someone to get dressed up for...

No comments:



Click to view my Personality Profile page