about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

06 September 2008

reasons

i think i may have finally pinpointed why i despise summer so much.
yes, it is hot, but heat in itself isn't really enough to despise an entire season.

it is because the heat keeps me from the activities i enjoy most.

my garage art studio is like a sauna, therefore no art.
turning the oven on makes the kitchen waaaay too hot, therefore no baking.
working in the garden in 100 degree weather makes me feel like i'm going to die, therefore no gardening.
it just feels wrong to be knitting when it is hot outside, so very little knitting.

i am left with very little to satisfy my need to create. and summer drags on for months.
so by september i am extremely restless and anxious to really dig in and make something, even though i know the heat will last for at least another month.

in the meantime all i seem to have the energy for is watching movies and drinking beer.
on tonight's agenda...watching idiocracy and drinking a newcastle.
ahhhhhhhh

5 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i thought about you when i was on my photo scavenger hunt today. i went alone. it was nice but...it would have been WAY more fun with you.

amen to watchin movies and drinkin newcastle.
i have no money for beers. booooo.
:)

ellieherrity said...

oh! photo scavenger hunt!
i love those!

you'll have to come up with one for us to do while i'm visiting.

and i'll buy you some beer.

:)

Anonymous said...

... you mean use water? like from the toilet? but brondo has electrolytes. it's what plants crave ...

(brought to you by carl's jr.)

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

don't forget that being out in the sun for you does things to your skin that does not happen to mine...

TimB said...

I hate summer too.



Click to view my Personality Profile page