about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

02 January 2009

backyard beautification project, phase 2 - complete

well, it has taken me a while, but i finally completed phase 2 of the ongoing backyard project.
during phase one, i took a bunch of bricks out of the planter i used for my vegetables. so in phase two, i used those bricks to pave over a section of dirt next to the fence. and it sat that way for over a month. until yesterday. i finally bit the bullet and toted my cactus collection from my parents' house to mine and set them up in their new home. all 65 of them. whew.

and as you can tell in this picture, the vegetable garden is doing quite well. we've started eating the lettuce and spinach, and the peas are about to organize a coup and take over the entire backyard. things are coming along quite nicely, i must say.
but we'll see how long it takes for me to finish phase three...

2 comments:

Sara Beth said...

One benefit of southern California is that you can grow veggies in the winter. Doesn't work so well here. But, I don't mind buying them at the grocery store. Looks amazing by the way!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth....i just saw your garden....lovely job.....jealous. Brandy



Click to view my Personality Profile page