about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

01 March 2009

reservations


View Larger Map

i enjoyed our group camping trip last october so much that i decided to put together another trip for this year. the plan had been to reserve a spot at Carpinteria State Beach sometime in july. but this last week i learned that you can't just decide in february that you want to go camping someplace that cool as soon as july. yes, it is completely booked 5 months in adavance. but wait, it gets better.
apparently the california state park system releases months to be open for reservation seven months in advance, on the first of that month. so if i wanted to reserve a spot in july, i would have to be on the website at 8 am on january 1st. (well actually the 2nd. they don't make reservations on new year's day.)
so since the next month to be made available was september, i decided to make a reservation at carpinteria for labor day weekend. i was up at 7:45 this morning, on my computer, on the reserveamerica.com website, hoping that my web connection was fast enough to secure me a campsite. i opened up the page for the beach, chose my site and my dates, and hovered over "reserve now" until my clock ticked 8am.
and i was victorious.
i will be camping on labor day weekend.

oh, and every single site at the beach was completely booked for that weekend by 8:09am.

No comments:



Click to view my Personality Profile page