about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

29 March 2007

music



don't be afraid to bask in my unparalelled coolness, but i'm seriously considering learning how to play the.....accordion.

that's right folks, you heard correctly, the accordion. i am newly enamored with irish folk music and would love to learn an instrument that i could play such folk music on. i just can't decide between the ubiquitous keyboard-style or the traditional two-row diatonic B/C scale button-style accordion. many factors must be considered, not the least of which is cost. i think the cheapest button-style i've found so far is $500.

i think my mother will have a heart attack when i tell her, because when she was a child she was forced to learn the accordion and hated every minute of it. maybe she could give me some pointers.

and if i get any snide 'polka' comments, i will throw said accordion at you.

2 comments:

rev rock said...

I will find room in any band I play in to have you play that thing!

alissa j. said...

accordian is by far the funnest instrument i've ever played...except drums if i'm hyper. my dad played as a child as well! there's nothing wrong with good polka, also the music we'd hear in mexico is rad, or ambient stuff like mum. i haven't heard irish folk music yet but it reminds me of when coach mcguirk does his version of river dancing in cho & amy lee.



Click to view my Personality Profile page