about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

02 November 2008

backyard beautification project, phase 1 - complete

it seems i haven't really done much blogging recently. i guess i haven't felt very 'bloggy'. it also doesn't help that i was sick all last week. bleh.

but i thought i would share one of the things i've been up to recently.
one of the many things i love to do is work out in the yard. i especially like to grow things i can eat. so since the roommates gave me free rein in the back yard, i decided to turn a weird little planter in the middle of the patio into a vegetable garden. i took out a bunch of annoying bricks, mixed in a bunch of amend (also known as manure, or cow poo, for the non-gardeners), and planted a bunch of winter vegetables. today i finished building a makeshift trellis for the peas and covering the bed in mulch.

i'm proud of my little garden, and can't wait until i can eat what grows.


2 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

mmmm green stuff! :)

and look at bella coming to check out the project.
too cute.

ellieherrity said...

yeah, bella likes to help as much as possible.

her specialty is licking my face and then dropping a deuce right next to the planter.



Click to view my Personality Profile page