about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

02 March 2008

coffee

just one of the great number of fantastic things about portland is stumptown coffee roasters. they are a small group of people who take their coffee very seriously. but their coffee snobbery results in an amazing cup of joe.

on this last trip up to portland, i was delighted to learn that i could purchase my own bag of hand-roasted stumptown coffe beans and take them home. fantastic!
so we went to the nearest New Seasons Market and i dropped somewhere around $7 on a half-pound bag of holler mountain blend fair-trade, organic coffee beans.
i treated that half-pound of coffee beans as if they were more valuable than gold. i carefully doled out the beans and wasted not a drop of the coffee. i savored it. and it lasted me about a month.
i've spent the past couple weeks having an unbelievable craving for a cup of stumptown coffee. i've even contemplated taking a quick trip up there to visit alissa and bring home a few pounds of beans. (and then i realize how ridiculous it would be to fly to a different state just for coffee beans. even if it were disguised as a trip to visit my friend.)
but this morning i discovered that you can purchase their coffee beans online! for only $14 a pound, plus shipping, i can have a neverending supply of coffee greatness shipped right to my door! i am so excited.
why do i feel like such a yuppie right now?

5 comments:

TimB said...

Remember- buy local and eat in season. How many carbon offsets are you going to buy for your cup of coffee?

ellieherrity said...

killjoy!

escamillaweddings said...

so...i have an answer for tim.
i'll pitch in some dinero so you can buy some for my dad and brother and that way you and i both save on the airline gas from flying up. that sort of works, right? sweet.

TimB said...

Can I have some too? You know I was only joking. After all, I'm the one who sent you to Seattle for cheese.

alissa j. said...

maybe they'll open a shop in riverside? or maybe you can persuade a business owner to serve stumptown and therefore transform the city.



Click to view my Personality Profile page