about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

08 March 2008

today

this morning micah and i got up with the sun to go out and take photos in the morning light. i really like the way the light looks in the evening, but there is just something fresh and magical about the light first thing in the morning. too bad seeing it involves getting up at an hour that i'm not normally very fond of.
micah had very specific places she wanted to go and things she wanted to photograph. one place involved walking back up the freeway offramp and onto the service road that runs into the hills next to the freeway. good times. but there were some spectacular fields of wildflowers, and it was totally worth the hike. i toted ALL of my cameras with me, but since they are all film, i can only show you the digital version for now.

i was really excited, because yesterday i got a new battery and a pack of film for my newest member of the camera collection and i was ready to try it out. it's my new polaroid 104 land camera. (thanks again jonathan!) mind you, it didn't come with a manual, so i had to use various online resources and one that micah has for a different land camera to figure it out. so i took it out and snapped a photo of the hillside. i waited the obligatory 60 seconds to peel away and see my photo, and was faced with this.

uh. ok.
as far as i can figure it out, i just didn't have the bellows pulled out all the way. live and learn. it's technically a mistake, but i really like how it looks.

so we got back to the house and i figured out what i did wrong and snapped this one.

i think my land camera and i are going to have a long and interesting relationship.

oh, and then we spent the rest of the day at the irish festival. we had a great time. i think it might have even been better than last year's.

No comments:



Click to view my Personality Profile page