about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

09 July 2008

small

i just finished watching you've got mail for the zillionth time while working on knitting micah's blanket. (slowly but surely, micah.)
ok, the movie.
i'm a sucker for a well-crafted chick flick, and you've got mail certainly fits the bill. i cry at the end every time.

and yet i digress...again.

there is a point where kathleen kelly is writing an email to joe fox where she says that she lives a small life. and she doesn't know if her life is small because she enjoys it or because she hasn't been brave enough.
i have heard this dialogue more times than i can count, but tonight was the first time that i felt like i really heard it. this is something i've really been struggling with recently.
i feel like i live a very small life.
i feel like i should have accomplished much more by this point in my life, and that i am more than capable of it, but that i just haven't been brave enough.
i feel like i really have nothing to show for how i have spent the past 32 years.

there really is no profound conclusion to this post. i just wanted to share what has been weighing on my mind recently.
shalom.

2 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Hmmm.

I have a friend who is a few years older (42) and he has been feeling that way for about 10 years. Problem is, he's never done much about it. The worst part is that he is brilliant, and I mean a fricking Christian genius/giant and I have been on his arse for years, telling him that he is being selfish and wasteful and that people need to hear him.

So don't be that way, ok? I'm of the opinion that getting up and walking in the wrong direction is often more productive than not getting up at all.

ellieherrity said...

thank you.

i needed to hear that.



Click to view my Personality Profile page