about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

18 August 2008

my eyes are a little sweaty today

it's been raining in portland today, which is appropriate.
i've been having a hard time this morning. you see, i had to say goodbye to micah last night. it kind of sucked.

our road trip has been awesome, which is to be expected. after spending the night in ashland on friday night, we had breakfast at this little cafe, which i thoroughly enjoyed. then we hit the road and headed towards mcminneville to see the spruce goose. i love air museums, and i had seen the spruce goose as a kid, so of course i enjoyed myself. it would have been nice if i hadn't been sweating profusely, but what can you do about the weather?
we finally made it into portland and micah and i went up to alissa's house and hung out in the basement for a little while. (yes, the basement. it was about 10 degrees cooler in there.) then we headed out and got some food at monsoon thai and ate dinner with micah's folks at their hotel.
sunday morning we headed out for breakfast at cup & saucer. i was really excited about this, because the last time i was in portland i ate the best breakfast in my life at cup & saucer. it wasn't nearly as good this time. oh well. then we made a stop at the saturday market (yes, they're also open on sunday) to buy some organic soap from 'the soap guy'. then around the corner to stumptown to buy my coffee beans. then micah, alissa and i headed out to the coast for some cooler weather. we stopped for lunch in seaside, then headed out to oswald west state beach for some hiking. it was beautiful and amazing. then dinner in cannon beach and a drive back to p-town.

but then we dropped micah off at her hotel and it dawned on me that we were saying goodbye.
how is it really enough to give someone a hug and say goodbye in a parking lot when you're all dead-tired? i feel completely deflated.

i was so blessed when micah and i became friends. in the process of getting to know one another we realized that we would be perfect for one another - if either of us were into chicks. micah is the female version of my future spouse. for reals. i think that's why i'm having such a hard time with her moving away. i know i'll see her every couple months, and i'll talk on the phone and email her all the time, but the fact that she's now so far away kind of feels like i've broken up with yet another boyfriend. which sucks. i'm tired of feeling so much loss. the older i get, the harder it becomes and the more it hurts.

i know i sound like a real debbie-downer right now, but i felt like i just had to get it out.
so i'll leave you with one of my favorite flight of the conchords songs, which has been going through my head all morning. this one's for you, micah.



dying. that's right, dying.

2 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

"i'm making a lasaaagnaaaaaaa! for one."


i love you, friend.
:)

brian said...

I've been following this very touching story of the final road trip shared by two life-long friends on both your blogs and just wanted to say...hold on, dang, that's an eye lash--I got an eye lash in the corner of my eye....I swear, I'm not crying...



Click to view my Personality Profile page