about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

11 August 2008

nature


this afternoon i was looking through the california state parks website, trying to decide where i would like to reserve a campsite.
as i was looking at the details for the campground at silverwood lake, i noticed that they were very proud to say that they now offer wi-fi at their campground. upon further reading, somewhere around 49 state parks now offer this service.
i don't want to sound like a luddite here, but is this really necessary? what kind of vacation is it if you can whip out your laptop or other nifty portable gadget and check your email in the middle of the woods?
next thing you know, they will be offering flatscreen televisions in every site. or maybe even various product placements on the trees and wildlife.

i'll get off my soapbox now.

3 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

uhh....for reals.

TheEpicBeat said...

Well...actually...

When I read that, I thought, wow. Cool.

Call me a jerk, but I like to unwind with a little web. I get shaky when I am not connected in some way.

Seriously.

Probably not coming off to good here though...

ellieherrity said...

nope, sorry.
not convincing me on this one.

but i'll still let you be my friend.

=)



Click to view my Personality Profile page