about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

04 August 2008

stuff

today my friend alissa sent me an email telling me i needed to check out http://storyofstuff.com/.
i just finished watching the video and now i'm telling you all to watch it. it is 20 minutes long, but the time goes fast and it has a lot of things that Americans need to hear.
the first half didn't really tell me anything i don't already know, but parts of the second half left my jaw on the floor.
i've always been interested in the sociology of consumption, so i found this to be enormously educational.
and the website has lots of great resources.

set some time aside and check it out.

3 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i think rodrigo or someone posted this before.
it gets a little annoying at some points but for the most part you're like........for real?!

ellieherrity said...

yeah, definitely a few annoying points, but overall good.


didn't know this had been shared before...tells you how much i pay attention...

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

Seriously...pay more attention to my blog!!! wow...i thought we were cool and homies and hombres and tight like that...apparently not.

But seriously...i loved this video...what annoying parts are you talking about...The golden arrow is my favorite part. Really makes you think about what you own doesn't it?



Click to view my Personality Profile page