about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

25 January 2008

calendar

on my august 2005 trip to oxford, i was poking around in 'alice's shop' across the street from christ church, and found the planning calendar to shame all other planning calendars.

it is called the 'dodo pad', and in it's miniature form embodies all things useful, portable and endlessly humorous.

i was so in love with my 2006 dodo pad that i ordered my 2007 version from their website, and ended up paying so much on shipping that it may have just been cheaper to just go there and get it myself. (well, not really) so needless to say, i was ecstatic when my parents went to oxford again this past summer. the only thing i wanted them to bring back for me was the 2008 dodo pad. i carry this little lifesaver with me everywhere i go. it is my "combined memo-doodle-engage-diary-message-ment book" and i would be lost without it. but even more importantly, opposite each week's calendar is some sort of drawing-puzzle-saying something-or-other which is guaranteed to make me chuckle.

example:

HEAVEN
is where the police are English, the cooks French, mechanics German, lovers Italian, and all is organised by the Swiss.

HELL
is where the chefs are English, the police German, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss, and all is organised by the Italians.

i'm still laughing
(if you find the above example completely non-humorous, please contact me and we will have an involved discussion over coffee.)

3 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

That is hilarious. When my Dad moved to England, I asked him, "How's the food?"

He said, "Jonathan, are there a lot of English restaurants in Southern California?"

Me: "Nope."

Him: "That should tell you something.'

alissa j. said...

haha, dodo pad...ha...french mechanics...hahaha.

Name said...

Nice Blog, just passing through. I enjoyed reading about the dodo pad - I have a friend heading to Oxford in a few weeks - I will ask her to check them out. Thanks for sharing!

Nick



Click to view my Personality Profile page