about me

My photo
i am a dreamer, an idealist, a creator, an introvert, a thinker, and an all-around neat person...if i do say so myself.

03 January 2008

card

i was inspired by many people over the past two weeks to make a variety of changes to my habits, so i decided today that the first one on the list would be to buy less and borrow more. step one...this afternoon i trekked over to the riverside main library and got me a shiny new library card.


i'm not so sure how much i'll use it, since a quick parusal of their online catalog seems to be sorely lacking in some of the things that i'm most interested in. example - what self-respecting library carries only one moby album? seriously?
but at least this is a step in the right direction.

4 comments:

Sara Beth said...

Oooh Moby. I'll have to check my library for that. I decided to start at the beginning and work my way through their collection.

brian said...

Don't tell anyone, but I'm secretly a big fan of the Riverside public library. Oh, sure, I exhausted the CD collection a long time ago...but I still check out old books on 1940s architecture, out-of-print sci fi novels, or the occassional DVD.

Borrow on!

TimB said...

I don't see how this "borrowing stuff" is new. You have been borrowing my books and CDs for years. Continue.

escamillaweddings said...

cheers to a lifetime of stealing music! haha

and yay for you being proactive!



Click to view my Personality Profile page